Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Pulling wire in the walls

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article , "Eigenvector"
wrote:
One question, when re-wiring an outlet, for instance to replace the old
useless Romex with clipped grounds, with fresh new 12/2 - how do you tell
where the wire goes? I mean how do you tell without hacking chunks out of
the wall?

Why do you *care* where the old cable goes?

Run the new cable however you can, or however you must, to get it to where
you
need to get it. Disconnect the old cable at both ends and abandon it in
place.

--
Regards,

There are a few reasons why someone might care. One it's sloppy
construction, but that's not a big deal to me. Two, I would like to recycle
the old wire. Three, it would be nice to be able to use the old wire to
pull the cable run for the new wire - which is why I care where it goes.