Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Where's da water going?

On Feb 14, 2:11 pm, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

I would guess either the PR valve or the air could be coming from the
water. Water does absorb air. How much air depends on the temperature and
pressure. Have you not noticed that sometimes when you fill a glass with
water (during the winter) it is milky looking. That is air that was in the
water. The time of year and the change in temperature of the water may be
forcing dissolved gasses.

A good possibility. First water flow is somewhat opaque, then clears.
I never thought to relate it to air in the water. Would also explain
why the total volume in the tank wouldn't change. Sounds like the
best explaination yet - even better since it doesn't relate to a
problem. (I don't think).
Bob