Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default Basic DC electricity question

That statement was:
"If the voltage is insufficient, no power supply, no matter what current it
can deliver, will light the bulb."

I think they were referring to:

I=E/R

Assuming R is constant as in many cases then when E goes to zero than I must
follow. You just cannot pump any current into the circuit when E goes to
zero. This is true except when R goes to zero than I goes to infinity or
both R and E go to zero and this equation becomes "undefined". Funny things
happen in absolute zero temperature conditions - sorry I didn't past school
this far to explain things like anti-gravity, infinite current and so on.