Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben Phlat Ben Phlat is offline

Default How much propane should a 2 adult 2 kiddy family use for hot water only?

Seems pretty high if it's only for hot water.
My family is the same, 2 adults, 2 kids.
500 gallon propane tank that supplies:
furnace
water heater
range top
gas dryer
house is almost 3500 sqf.
I use the average method and pay a consistent
monthly rate of $106. I do get a break on cost
though since it's considered an "Ag" rate.
Check for leaks. They just filled me the other day
and the propane guy was telling me about another
customer down the way that had a bad leak that
went undetected, poor guy lost 1000 gallons of
propane before they found it.

--Ben

On 12 Feb 2007 13:56:55 -0800, "dean" wrote:

Because I am paying $270 every 65 days (about 130 a month) and it
annoys me, since there is no meter or any way I can see to check the
company other than to just trust them.

Thanks!

Dean