Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default need a replacement belt for scanner

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:28:55 GMT, Homer J Simpson wrote:

"bz" wrote in message
98.139...

Unfortunately, we are unable to supply you with the part you are
requesting. We would be receiving this part from Lexmark if they had it
available.

Allelectronics.com has some in stock. Crap shoot if the size is close
though.

Well, you need to be concerned about size _and_ pitch.

I'd say futzing with ("re-engineering") the tensioner to snug it up
might be a Best Approach. Firstly, tho', check for non-binding movement
over the full scan path. Unhook the belt (that should be all that holds
the scan assy in place) and see that it slides freely. You did mention
a "thunk" and slipping belt in an earlier post.

Jonesy