Posted to rec.woodworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default How do I chamfer the inner circumference of a Hole?

A countersink will do the job nicely. See: http://www.mcmaster.com/ page
2420.

These are available in 60, 82, 90, 100,and 120 degree included angles. My
preference is for the single flute. Run the bit slow, and set the depth on
your drill press for the size of your chamfer. The single flute is not at
all grabby and you can easily hold the wood by hand on the drill press table
with out worry of clamps. These self center very well.

--
Roger Shoaf

"Mark Z." wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

I am not a woodworking hobbyist and no one ever confused my
woodworking skills with those of Norm Abram. However, I do diddle from
time to time with small woodworking projects and repairs. I am
confronted with a problem that probably has an easy solution but I
don't know what it may be.

Specifically, I want to apply 30 degree and 45 degree chamfers to the
inner circumference of holes I have drilled in wood pieces. The holes
range in diameter from ¾" to 1". I do have a bench drill press and I
know there has to be a bit of some type that will do the job but
Google searches haven't pinpointed the tool(s) I need (or my keywords
are lacking). I had thought of using 30 and 45 degree routing
chamfering bits but this might be dangerous as the drill press is not
a router. Any input from you gentlemen on how this 'WOOD' best be
accomplished on my bench drill press 'WOOD' be appreciated.

Tx,

Mark