Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] pat@patwarner.com is offline

Default How do I chamfer the inner circumference of a Hole?

If you try this on a drill press x moving the work, expect adversity.
The work is essentially trapped between the table top and the cutter,
an unsafe situation. If the work is clamped & the cutter big enough &
centered, then you can plunge into the hole and safely chamfer.
Typical chamfers for drills = 60, 82, 90, 100 & 120.

Router bits can be had at 45 & 30 and they will work in the drill
press but the work cannot move. Your hole are big enough to safely
rout if you could borrow a router.

An interesting question you have, why the 30 & 45?
**********************
http://www.patwarner.com (Routing & drilling)
************************************************** ********************************

Specifically, I want to apply 30 degree and 45 degree chamfers to the
inner circumference of holes I have drilled in wood pieces. The holes
range in diameter from ¾" to 1". I do have a bench drill press and I
know there has to be a bit of some type that will do the job but
Google searches haven't pinpointed the tool(s) I need (or my keywords
are lacking). I had thought of using 30 and 45 degree routing
chamfering bits but this might be dangerous as the drill press is not
a router. Any input from you gentlemen on how this 'WOOD' best be
accomplished on my bench drill press 'WOOD' be appreciated.

Tx,

Mark