Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Basic DC electricity question

On Feb 14, 10:57 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .com, "dpb" wrote:
Or, of course, take enough batteries in series to make 12V ...

Since power increases in proportion to voltage, but increases in proportion to
current *squared*, don't you suppose he's better off to put the batteries in
parallel to increase the current?

But, since by the same token, I=V/R and R is what he's given w/ the
particular bulb, P ~ V^2/R so same can be said of voltage...

I was only commenting wrt to the fact OP has a 12V-rated bulb and is/
was 'spearmint-ing so was only one of many alternatives to try and
observe what happens, certainly not the only one..."Best" in any sense
wasn't at all a part of the suggestion.