Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Does it matter if kitchen floor cabinets are not level?

a1esta wrote:
The floor has a gradient. I built on this floor a cement base( or you
can call it a raise platform usually for placing a kitchen cabinet on
it, so that the cabinet footing will not come into contact with water
when I wash the floor)

Now my resulting cement base follows the gradient of the orignal
floor. I intend to tile it up. That means that I have the final chance
to change the gradient to a perfect level. This can be done when I put
on the tiles on the cement base and level the tiles to a perfect level
instead of a gradient.

I am tempted to just opt for whichever provide the most ease of work.
Any advise?

Thanks?

Sounds like a plan. Be sure you have all tiles at same height. I
watched a neighbor carefully check the level of all the pavers he
cemented to the sidewalk - unfortunately, he had each at a tad different
height so he gets puddles.

You could just run a bead of caulk along base of cabinet, or wring out
the mop; so much easier )