Posted to alt.electronics
Coyoteboy Coyoteboy is offline

Default Remote switch-on PC project

"Chrom_" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 13, 12:41 pm, "Coyoteboy" wrote:
Nice, and how do you do that? Do you have any advice?

Simplest hack in the world - small picaxe microprocessor that waits for a
signal on the alarm line (alarm has a specific output) and then shorts one
of the keys on the phone- this then speed-dials my number. I leave it with
the charger hard-wired into it.

Any further idea for a better design? Thanks.

I'd go back to a simple cheap microprocessor - monitor the LEDs for voltage
(1 line of code) and latch an output until you ring it again when it turns
off or monitor the PC for status to know whether its on or off. You can
communicate with them using a serial port too.

Mauro