Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark Z. Mark Z. is offline

Default How do I chamfer the inner circumference of a Hole?

Hi all,

I am not a woodworking hobbyist and no one ever confused my
woodworking skills with those of Norm Abram. However, I do diddle from
time to time with small woodworking projects and repairs. I am
confronted with a problem that probably has an easy solution but I
don't know what it may be.

Specifically, I want to apply 30 degree and 45 degree chamfers to the
inner circumference of holes I have drilled in wood pieces. The holes
range in diameter from ¾" to 1". I do have a bench drill press and I
know there has to be a bit of some type that will do the job but
Google searches haven't pinpointed the tool(s) I need (or my keywords
are lacking). I had thought of using 30 and 45 degree routing
chamfering bits but this might be dangerous as the drill press is not
a router. Any input from you gentlemen on how this 'WOOD' best be
accomplished on my bench drill press 'WOOD' be appreciated.

Tx,

Mark