Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Radiator Spec - just before I buy!

Thanks for that, we do have 15mm pipes and this rad (downstairs
frontmost room, furthest away from boiler) doesnt have any other
radiator after it.

But does it have any others *before* it, after it splits off from the 22mm
main flow and return pipes?

Hopefully it wont involve the complete draining of the system....but I
will expect the worse

Any idea how long it *should* take if a drain, refill (and additive
readded) would take?

Ive been warned of a £200 plumbing for this as its a days work????

I'm sure that many plumbers could make it last a day if they have to do a
drain-down.

When I partially drain my system, I aways collect the water and put it back
into the F&E tank so as not to lose the inhibitor or introduce a load of new
air.
--
Cheers,
Roger