Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,uk.telecom.mobile
lyttlec lyttlec is offline

Default Southern Electric say each mobile phone charger uses 100kWhoursa DAY!

John wrote:
"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
message ...
In message , Roger Matthews
writes

Sony say that my LCD 23" uses 0.7W on standby - that seems very low and
makes you inclined to question all of the figures being bandied around by
the Government!

I'm so green I don't use a flushing loo but consider my TVs left on
standby to provide background heating.

--
dave @ stejonda

Many manufacturers have been aspiring to the "1 Watt Initiative" for some
years.

Even my old 28" CRT only uses 0.8w on standby.

The Green Campaigners are out of touch

0.8w*24hr/day*300,000,000 TV's = 5,760,000,000kw-hr/day in tv's only.
Now add in cell phone chargers, computers, and stereos. All that energy
wasted so we save 1sec when we want to get our daily dose of
mind-numbing drivel.