Posted to rec.woodworking
lwhaley lwhaley is offline

Default Cabinet painting - prefinished?

On Feb 13, 8:38 pm, "Actor123" wrote:
Hi all:

Can anyone provide some guidance on a problem I'm having. I'm
redoing
basically every cabinet in the house (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.). I

Some say
that pre-finished is the only way to go because they can apply
various
chemicals in minnesota that they can't in California,

It makes sense to me that a more durable finish can more likely be
applied in a factory. This doesn't mean you can't have a very good
finish applied onsite.

I live in Minnesota and though we are a liberal state it's nothing
like California. The State of Minnesota doesn't like to put
restrictions on people making money. We need the business too
much!!! When tax paying businesses are making money the State tends
to get out of the way and we have the Superfund sites to prove it.

Minnesotans are good hard-working folk who take pride in their work
and you have my personal guarantee that any Minnesota company will
provide excellent cabinets with durable finishes. Just give that
factory a call and ask them how they apply the finish. You will get
straight answers from a Minnesotan.