Posted to alt.home.repair
Nexus7 Nexus7 is offline

Default Clothes Washers Recommendations

On Feb 13, 7:20 pm, wrote:
Just remember that for the price of a front loader and matching dryer,
you could buy three top load washers, and three dryers as well, and
have an entire laundromat in your home. Yes, you save on water with a
front loader, but you will pay and pay and pay for repairs.

Sure, and you can also buy 100 clothes beaters and a cast iron sink
for the price of a good top-loader.

However, if your metric is how well clothes are washed, then, as
mentioned in the GP, a front-loader will get them cleaner and wear
them out less. This is not speculation, this is the difference I've
observed going from a top to a front-loader with the same clothes.
Except of course, I put more clothes in the front-loader per load. The
lint filter is one indication of wear, and the collars of cleanliness.
Every forum and every front-loader owner will back this up.

Also, remember, you don't have to buy a matching dryer. I believe all
you need in a dryer is gentle-heat and preferably gas. Skimp on the
dryer, get a better washer.