Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Clothes Washers Recommendations

"Art" wrote in message
k.net...
I disagree. I have one of the original Maytag front loaders and although
Consumer Reports says it has a lousy repair record, ours went 8 years
before a repair. At year 5 Maytag did do a free enhancement to fix the
mildew issue. The original Maytag front loaders are available at Lowes
and/or Home Depot for around $550. If I was buying today I would probably
get one. Several years ago my parents moved to the area and we gave them
our Maytag. We bought the Sears/Whirlpool front loader to replace it
because it is a big bigger which is nice for comforters however the Maytag
seems less complicated and a better buy in my opinion.

Now, now, now. Please don't bring in facts and anecdotal information from a
true owner/consumer. What most people in this newsgroup thrive on is
speculation, opinion, and wild stories based on NOT owning a product.

;-)

Steve