Posted to alt.electronics
Chrom_ Chrom_ is offline

Default Remote switch-on PC project

On Feb 13, 12:41 pm, "Coyoteboy" wrote:
Google "paging data receiver" for hundreds of thousands of hits.

Usually very expensive - buy a junk phone off ebay for $20 and its a lot
easier though less neat. I'm using it the other way round - my car alarm has
a phone hacked onto it and it dials me when the alarm is triggered.

Nice, and how do you do that? Do you have any advice?

I've been wondering how to switch on the PC properly. I'm thinking on
the following points:

- of course I need a relay that closes the circuit and switches on the
PC
- I need an accumulator before the relay because I don't know how fast
the speaker current oscillates and I don't wanna fry the PC
motherboard.
- maybe I need a relay that closes the circuit for x seconds _when_
the current stops flowing. This involves a accumulator that I expect
to be built in the stock relay.
- I'm considering to use the vibration motor circuit insted of the
speaker because I'm not sure the speaker has enough voltage to close
the relay

Any further idea for a better design? Thanks.

Mauro