Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default How Clean Is Condensate Water?

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article ,
Art Todesco wrote:

it's probably insignificant

It is.

however, if every house had one of these, it might add up.

Art, c'mon... Have you ever been to a wastewater treatment plant?

If EVERY, STEENKIN' house in the ENTIRE city had such a furnace, the combined
acidic condensate from them, compared to the total volume of wastewater, would
be equal to a flea's fart in a tornado.

I guess it's true: We have become so fat, dumb, lazy and affluent that we
actually consider such things. sigh

it said something about a "special filter", whatever that is,
is required in some areas.

...and I'll bet every one of those areas is in California.

I agree fully, however, treatment plants
primarily remove solids. I wonder what
they
do about acids? I have seen the local
treatment plant put out a clear liquid