Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default (OT) People just don't respect home warranty plans

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
The Warranty Stud wrote:
I used to work for a home warranty company and it was amazing the
amount of complaints that would come in, as if homeowners were
expecting their $400 premium investment to turn into a pot of gold
somehow.

Of course they do, that is exactly what they were lead to believe by
the salesmen who are on commission and likely are getting more of that
$400 than the home owner will ever see back.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Well I just bought my first home in March, last year that is, and I can tell
you that in my case the home warranty just kind of appeared there with the
paperwork along with a bill for it. I honestly thought it was part of the
closing costs and wrote a check.

Having been duped for a year when I got the renewal in December I called
them up and canceled - seemed like the most natural thing in the world for
the nice lady on the other end of the line. Obviously they are exactly what
you say - one shot deals for new home suckers.