Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default garage electrics

On 12 Feb, 09:13, Cuprager wrote:
Hi All,

My spark has let me down - didnt turn up to look at the job this weekend
(Grrr)

SO... I am looking to get a parts list together so that I can order what
I need for my garage electric install.

I have 4mm2 2 core SWA with glands and a bare 6 way contactum CU for the
garage already.

I want a lighting circuit in the garage and a ring / radial for
sockets that will run various DIY power tools (not all at the same time)
and I would like a circuit for garden lights too.

The garage is about 10 meters away from the house CU and there is a
spare way in the house CU.

With this info, can anyone tell me what rating of breakers etc that I
should order for the house CU and what breakers RCDs I should order for
the garage?

Thanks

Wise to use RCBOs in the garage rather than MCBs, otherwise any earth
leakage fault will leave you taken by surprise and plunged into
darkness while the power tool youre holding is running.

Lighting inside: 6A mcb or prferably 5A fuse, less likely to nuisance
trip.

Garden lighting 6A mcb unless youve got a very large property

garage sockets: if 13A sockets, 32A mcb with ring or 20A mcb with
radial.

NT