Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Gasoline Storage Problem?

I'm sorry, but I thought I was tight. Some of my employees accuse
me of it regularly.

Not even I would try to preserve a quart of 2 stroke for next
season. You'll spend more, but you could buy some Stabil that
will help it keep.

Throw the stuff out or run it through the tool. You, the machine,
and the gas can will be happier to start off fresh next season.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Norminn" wrote in message
k.net...
Dwight wrote:
I would like to store gas/oil mix for my landscaping tools in a
handy cannister, but can find nothing smaller than the one
gallon size.

Can I use something like a two quart Clorox bottle or a similar
material?

Will such plastics deteriorate or mix with gas in ways which
will damage motors?

Have you other suggestions?

(Of course I would mark the container clearly for safety
purposes.)

Thanks for your help.

Code in my neighborhood is to store only in approved container,
and with a chain for ground outdoors.