Posted to alt.home.repair
avid_hiker avid_hiker is offline

Default SLiding Door In Bedroom

On Feb 13, 3:03 pm, "Thomas" wrote:
Our bedroom has a 8ft sliding door. When I bought the house I had fabric
vertical blinds installed but with pets that was not the best choice. It
seems like a 8ft pull is a long way to pull blinds. Is there a way you can
put up a "dummy" curtain or anything to cover half of the opening and then
have blinds for the rest of it. Lets say a 4ft dummy something and then a
4ft blinds. My other question is can you get wooden blinds, vertical in 8ft
sizes or would that be too heavy? Thanks.

Tom

I am tryin very hard to picture this. Is this a 8ft wide or 8ft tall
sliding door, etc.........you need to give more info here.....such as
8ft wide X 6ft tall, etc etc.........and the same for this dummy vs.
blinds such as a 4ft x 6ft blind directly below a dummy sliding door
of 4ft x 6ft.

When you give this info.....I am sure someone out there can help you
out.