Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Question - electrical short

On 13 Feb 2007 05:38:30 -0800, "
wrote:

Better safe than sorry! While your replacing the receptable replace
the breaker TOO. I myself would try dead shorting the breaker just too
see if it trips.

What happens when it DOESN'T trip?

Then replace it no matter what!

The reason I say short it is if that if the breaker doesnt the OTHER
breakers in your panel may be bad too!!

!!!!If your panel is FPE!!!

Attention you have a known well documented fire hazard! The FPE stap
lock breakers are TERRIBLE! just google FPE

REPLACE PANEL IMMEDIATELY!

I know someone who lost a house (to fire) recently. From her
description it could have involved those non-trip breakers.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy