Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default (OT) People just don't respect home warranty plans

Steve Barker wrote:
crossposting eliminated.

Even though I think the OP was a troll (he hasn't replied back) I must add
my comment.

I buy an extended warranty on any item I purchase. (within reason) I ALWAYS
get my premium back.

You're the exception, then. Stores love to push extended warranties on
electronics because the vast majority of issues occur either during the
manufacturer's warranty or else after the extended warranty runs out.

Also, a lot of extended warranties have fine print that allows them to
jerk the consumer around.

I would probably get an extended warranty on a laptop due to the sheer
abuse that they take, but anything else I wouldn't bother.

Chris