Posted to rec.woodworking

Default spraying minwax spar urethane

On Feb 13, 1:33 pm, "Mike Marlow" wrote:

How'd you say all that in so few words???? It takes me paragraphs to get
through that.

--

-Mike-

Well, I had to LMAO at that one. I think it helps to use more
technical terminology that pertains to the subject like "screw th
pooch". Hah!

Mike, I think you and me both post the longest replies here on
subjects of finishing, and maybe on the group. I can be brief, but I
have a tendency to read the group late at night when I am winding
down, and once I get to whacking away on the keyboard a lot comes out.

Finishing is and continues to be a black art of sorts for anyone I
know. It is easy to get going and in great conditions put down a
great finish. But where the rubber meets the road is dealing with the
variables. To me, when I am in science mode, that makes it
interesting. When I am finishing a project for a client, the
variables step up the challenge so I feel like I need to know
everything I can.

I enjoy it here when we get a good thread going on finishing and we
can compare materials, applications and results. There has been a lot
of really good information passed around about finishing, here. I
think it is always the best to learn from someone that has already
resolved a problem you are experiencing, or the reverse side, being
able to help someone with their problems.

Robert