Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Dead circuits in house

MB wrote:
I have 4 dead circuits in my House all on 1 wall 2 on top floor 2 on
bottom floor

I have rewired and put new outlets and tested continuity on all the 4
outlets. I noticed the line feeding the 4 outlets( the wires going to
the first of the 4 boutlets) is dead. All circuit breakers are on.
My questions is since these wires are in the walls , is there any way
to trace this wire back to the breaker panel and see if its brokenn
somewhere or at least any way to find the path of the wire? Thanks

The chances of a broken connection inside a wall are vanishingly small.

You might be able to use one of those signal injection gizmos and run the
detector over the wall to trace the wiring back to the next receptacle in
the chain - which is where the disconnect will be.