Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default How much propane should a 2 adult 2 kiddy family use for hot water only?

On 12 Feb 2007 13:56:55 -0800, "dean" wrote:

Because I am paying $270 every 65 days (about 130 a month) and it
annoys me, since there is no meter or any way I can see to check the
company other than to just trust them.

It sounds like your usage is extremely high.

I pay much less than that for water/stove/dryer & a space heater which
uses more than all three 4-5 months of the year. The last few years
I've paid about $1000 - while the price has gone up to about $2.50
/gal.
[it's $2.70 now- but this 'year' isn't done yet]

So - first convert your $ to gallons. Then call a repairman to
check for leaks and malfunctions with your heater. Tell him how many
gallons you're using a month and I'll bet he runs out to your house.

You either have a serious leak or are due for a new heater. If I
were you, I'd be happy to spend $1000 now- the payback will be less
than a year.

Jim