Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexible Filler / Plaster

Grunff wrote:
wrote:
In the front room of my Edwardian house there's an arch leading to a
bay. Over the years there's been movement on one upper corner of the
arch. I've removed the wallpaper & it looks like it's been poly-
filled and also re-plastered (albeit slightly lower down) at some
stage.

While this isn't great news - most Victorian / Edwardian houses we saw
when house hunting (& believe me there were many...) had some kind of
movement near a bay, so I'm not unduly worried (yet)

I want to patch the current crack & re-wallpaper. What's the best
filler or plaster to use, given that inevitably there'll be minor
movement in the coming years, so it needs to be very flexible.

There are no flexible fillers per se, because no one wants rubbery
walls. However, some are more forgiving than others.

There are. Decorators caulk. HGowever its only suitable for medium
cracks in the 3-10mm sort of range,.