Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcolm Hoar Malcolm Hoar is offline

Default (OT) People just don't respect home warranty plans

In article , The Warranty Stud wrote:

I used to work for a home warranty company and it was amazing the
amount of complaints that would come in, as if homeowners were
expecting their $400 premium investment to turn into a pot of gold
somehow.

Never mind that a disturbing proportion of homeowners are too busy to
read and understand the terms and conditions of the policy, or they
get sucked into dealing with dishonest real estate agents who are too
busy to explain that "Well, you have to pay additional amount for the
well pump coverage".

Most home buyers don't even see the terms and conditions until
well after closing when the home warranty company gets around
to mailing them out.

Most home buyers are led into paying for the home warranty
plan and many think it's just another one of those mandatory
taxes and fees that gets tacked on as part of the escrow
process.

Home warranty plans exist to protect the seller, realtors,
home inspector, escrow agent and all the other hangers on,
from getting dragged into a dispute in the event an
appliance breaks shortly after closing.

Smart buyers insist that the seller pays for the plan. Of
course, smart sellers build the cost into the selling price.
So generally, the buyer pays one way or the other, and
then expects service per all of the marketing hype and
absent the actual agreement.

Home warranty companies, realtors and others are pretty
happy with the status quo so nothing much is likely to
change.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |