Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Pumped unvented cylinder vs combi cylinder?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article . com,
Niall Smart wrote:
So I can't get rid of tanks in the loft, and if I want a pressurised
(power) shower I'm going to have to use a pump. The two options seem
to be either (a) regular vented / unpressurised system where the pump
is on the appliance side of the DHW cylinder or (b) use a pump to
pressurise an unvented cylinder from a cold water storage tank.

There's a lot of rubbish written about showers. You don't need high
pressure for a decent one

This man should eff off as he is a total idiot.

A shower needs "pressure". The high pressure on the skin gives the
sensation. A high pressure low flow shower is generally acceptable to most
people.