Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much propane should a 2 adult 2 kiddy family use for hot water only?

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Because I am paying $270 every 65 days (about 130 a month) and it
annoys me, since there is no meter or any way I can see to check the
company other than to just trust them.

That seems very high. The truck delivering has a meter and they are checked
by the state. I guess anything can be tampered with but most are legit.
Have you checked for leaks? Does the line run underground at any point?
Are you using warm wash and cold rinses on laundry?

As for checking, you do know the volume of the tank. You can figure about
how empty it should be based on how much the driver fills each time. Before
the next delivery, see if you can find the level before it is filled. With
a small grill tank, you can sometimes see the moisture on the tank
indicating the liquid level. You have to be using gas for that to occur. I
don't know how well that will work on a larger tank though.