Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:56:57 -0500, "Myxylplyk"
wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
snip
That doesn't mean we don't constantly try. Prostitution, a strictly moral
issue, is 'legislatated' in most places.

Yes. Thanks for illustrating my point. Works equally "well" everywhere, as
in doesn't work at all.

snip

Oh, except that laws with fines usually require options for jail time for
those unwilling to pay.

Parking fines?

Get enough parking fines and someone in the DA's office get notified. Soon
after that the bench warrant with your name on it ... all for parking
tickets. (BYW - a "ticket" is an appearance ticket. A notice that you must
appear in court or plead guildty. This usually results in only a fine, but
it's not directly equivalent.

Maybe Texas should just skip the process and assume that all parents that
are no-shows are just those chronicly bad parents and throw them right

into
jail. Then Texas can assume the wardship of the children and "bring them

up
propperly".
We all have seen how well state run institutions function.

Yep ... schools fall/fail right in there.

If your schools were really state run institutions, we wouldn't be having
this discussion. The state directs a curiculum that must be followed.
(Unless your school doesnt receive state aide)

I don't know where you are but in the US most of the the schools _are_
run by the state in the sense that "state"="government" rather than in
the sense that "state"="one of 50 specific political subunits". There
are schools that are not run by the government, in some cases those
are run by churches and in others are private profit-making
businesses, but for the most part they are run by the government.

Happily, I don't live in Texas. .

We are happy, too.

Amen!
I will be happy when Shrub finally finished fencing in Texas for Walt
Disney! :P

Myx