Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] boardatwork@shaw.ca is offline

Default ski storage- anyone tackled this problem?

Hi folks, just happened across this group and it looks like a heck of
a resource- lots of experience and skill represented in here, makes
for pretty interesting reading!

Anyhow, I'm pretty inexperienced with "finer" woodworking (although I
am learning as I go), but am handy with the more basic carpentry
stuff- built my house/garage etc but haven't really done much as far
as furniture etc goes. I have certainly "caught the bug" lately
though and have a few projects I want to tackle once the workload
calms down a bit!

However, for this I need my garage back... It is now pretty much full
of ski gear, snowboard gear etc (there are 5 of us in the family who
ski and 2 of the 3 kids do both so it looks like a ski shop has
exploded in my shop). I was just wondering if anyone has tackled a
similar problem- I am looking for plans or ideas for storing
skis/poles etc, nothing too fancy, just functional- to store the gear
on "in-season". Has to be in my shop so space is an issue.

I have a few ideas of my own (basic rack) but am interested if maybe
anyone else has come up with a cool solution?

thanks
mick in BC