Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Pumped unvented cylinder vs combi cylinder?

In article .com
, Niall Smart writes
On Feb 12, 10:56 am, fred wrote:

Yeah, its probably easier to go with a combi cylinder though in my
particular scenario

Interestingly I rang Stuart Turner technical dept and they said that
even with option (b) you need some head over the pump (he said at
least 1m) to prevent cavitation, etc. So given that, I'm probably
almost definately going with option a. Until I change my mind
again. That has to be the worst bit about DIY, too many options!

I was thinking life is just a bit easier with a higher head, it's a bit of a pain
to have the pump operating for all water flows, it might be nice to have an
unpumped feed on say the toilet sink to avoid middle of the night pump
operation for a toilet visit.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla