Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn & Bob Marilyn & Bob is offline

Default Pressure in a hydronic heating system

"Marilyn & Bob" wrote in message

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
. net...
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Speedy Jim
wrote:

snip
Although the instructions state that FillTrol must be
empty, I'll wager that simply pumping the air pressure
higher will admit more water and raise the boiler pressure
without draining any part of the system.

I hope you are right, Jim, I don't want to drain anything. I think that
the simplest way to get an answer as to whether or not the system needs to
be drained is to e-mail the manufacturer.

snip

I e-mailed the manufacturer over the weekend and go a response first think
this morning (terrific service). They said that there was no need to do
anything except shut off the makeup water and removing the pressure on the
system) before precharging the system to 17 or 18 lbs. Since I have the
second expansion tank in parallel, it looks like simply allowing the boiler
to cool off (and shutting the water intake) will satisfy the requirement to
relieve pressure on the system.

Thanks again for your help.
--
Peace,