Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jerry_maple@hotmail.com is offline

Default Service calls

On Feb 11, 9:15 am, Meat Plow wrote:
Another time I was called out to look at a new
heating system we installed that wasn't working. As I entered the home
there was a strong smell of something that had died. Braving the smell I
opened the back of the furnace where the air handler was located since
there was a loud hum when I switched the blower on. I found a dead mouse
wedged inbetween the belt and the pulley Removing said rodent fixed the
problem.

About 10 years ago, we started noticing a bad smell in the laundry
room, couldn't quite localize it at first. As the smell got stronger,
we decided it was coming from the dryer. Started tearing the dryer
apart, found a dead bird wedged in the squirrel cage. The door flap on
the outside dryer vent was stuck open, bird got in, went the wrong
direction, ended up dying in our dryer.

Jerry