Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc
Ron P Ron P is offline

Default Epson scanner returns blank scans

"Mike Rosenberg" wrote in message
news:1htd8n4.a35lq21av4c4N%mikePOST@TOGROUPmaccons ult.com...
3T39 wrote:

If you can see a preview then the scanner is probably OK, the main issue
will be software related.

Well, except that he has the same problem when with both the Epson
software and VueScan.

I'd try scanning from another user account (creating a new account just
for this purpose) and, if that fails, even trying it on another
computer. And if _that_ fails, it's time to replace the scanner.

Years ago I had a similar problem and had to re-install the twain driver for
the scanner. Somehow it had become corrupted in such a manner that it
couldn't do anything other than give a preview image no matter what program
I used.

If you haven't tried a re-install of the twain driver (I am assuming here
that your scanner uses twain) it might be worth a try.