Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default URGENT - How to adjust planer infeed rollers?

On Feb 12, 8:57 am, "J.M." wrote:
stumped. ... the chip
breaker is adjusted well out of the way, and the bed of the machine is
actually a custom molding bed made out of melamine and waxed several times.

Does it work ok w/ the factory bed? That would be step one.
Mentioned it wouldn't handle an 1/8" cut -- does it handle a thinner
cut ok?

If it's a brand new machine, is there any possibility there's some
overlooked packing or somesuch still in the feed path?

Also, as dumb as it sounds, not knowing the newer PM machines, any
chance the knives are backwards or not above the head diameter? And,
of course, as someone else mentioned, the knives need to be at least
sharp enough to not be an obstruction. If it's new, that _shouldn't_
be a problem.

If a new machine and none of the suggestions help, if from local
distributor, I'd call them, otherwise try PM. _Used_ to be their
service/support was topnotch -- I've no idea how it is since the Jet
takeover; my last new equipment was so long ago I drove down to
McMinville and picked it up and was taken to lunch by one of the shop/
foundry foremen after the "cook's tour"...