Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"Myxylplyk" wrote in message

No, I was considering only the one on one typemeeting. Parents that

cannot
be bothered would never go to a group meeting.

For that we shoot them, here in Texas.

Legislating social morals has and will never work.

That doesn't mean we don't constantly try. Prostitution, a strictly moral
issue, is 'legislatated' in most places.

Now find a way to legislate their active participation in those meetings

and
you're all set.

Hire a couple of prostitutes to attend.

Oh, except that laws with fines usually require options for jail time for
those unwilling to pay.

Parking fines?

Maybe Texas should just skip the process and assume that all parents that
are no-shows are just those chronicly bad parents and throw them right

into
jail. Then Texas can assume the wardship of the children and "bring them

up
propperly".
We all have seen how well state run institutions function.

Yep ... schools fall/fail right in there.

Happily, I don't live in Texas. .

We are happy, too.

--
www.e-woodshop.net