Posted to alt.home.repair
pkmicro pkmicro is offline

Default Wrong wiring

Tom J,

I don't know of any appliances we have that are using 220 volt. I thought
only high-end appliances are using
220 volt. What we have is a Whirlpool cook top under the Range Hood.

I would like to learn how to read the test meter. Can you point me to where
can I learn how to use and read
the test meter. I actually have a cheap one that I bought from Fry's
Electronics. But I have never learn how to
use it yet.

"Tom J" wrote in message
k.net...
pkmicro wrote:

I don't know about 220 though.

I think it's time you learn to read a test meter or have someone that does
and disconnect the fan, leaving the wires exposed and check the voltage.
It's beginning to sound like it's been wired off the 220 stove outlet
below.

Tom J