Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Bishop Charles Bishop is offline

Default Help needed re smoke alarms

In article , "Jim Beaver"
wrote:

[snip]

I found the solution to the one where I changed the battery but the beeping
wouldn't stop. I took the battery out, disconnected the wiring from the
ceiling, and was about to heave it out the window when the beeping
continued, despite the fact that there was now no power of any kind
available to the alarm. But when I carried the alarm outside the room, the
beeping stayed inside. The solution to my problem arose when I discovered a
C02 alarm plugged into the wall behind the bed. I changed ITS battery and
the beeping stopped.

You should get rid of it. It's likely to go off all the time in response to CO2.

Two weeks I've lived with that beeping. Some days I suspect I may NOT be
smarter than everybody else.

CO makes you dumb.

--
charles