Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Epson scanner returns blank scans

"John E." wrote in message
news.net...
A bit of confusion. Sorry for miscommunicating at first...

No representation of the document appears on the screen -- only a blank,
white window.

Bulb does light, and carriage moves the length of the scan bed when I
click
Preview or Scan. But no image appears.

OS X 10.3.9, and the drivers page on Epson site says the ones I downloaded
and installed support this OS.

I'll try another computer, and then... we'll see.

I was just asking the USENET world to see if there was a common, simple
solution (whap it upside the head...) or such.

Thanks,
--
John English

Just for amusement, you might be interested to know that I just ditched my
Epson all in one. I had one a couple of years back that had endless problems
with the print heads clogging up. I like to leave my printer on all the
time, so that when I need to print, I just click, and it's ready to roll -
none of this waiting ten minutes whilst the thing determines if it's still
alive, still connected, still has a driver installed, still has ink in it,
still has paper in it and so on. Unfortunately, the Epsons don't go to sleep
and park the heads, so if you don't print for 2 days, the stupid things dry
out. Eventually, I got so angry with it that I went down to the store ready
to buy a new HP, as these had always served me well in the past. I came away
with another Epson that was such a good deal, and I figured that they had
probably got it right on this newer all singing and dancing model. How wrong
can you be ... I've put up with it clogging it's heads, using about a gallon
of ink from ALL it's cartridges to perform a clean and many other foibles,
for about 15 months, before drop-kicking it into next week, and this time,
buying an HP as I should have done the first time. This product is superior
in every possible way.

I have absolutely no faith at all in Epson products, or their technical
support people, whom I would describe as space cadets at best, and my best
recommendation, if your problem is not easily resolved, is to just go out
and buy another from a different manufacturer.

Arfa