Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Connecting two TV Coaxial Cables Outside

Andy Burns wrote:

Just cut and solder the two wires together and wrap in tape. If you
use e.g. heatshrink to more or less preserve the inner core
dimensions, and some sort of wrap around to more or less preserve the
outer screen,you won;t get hardly any reflections. Just be sire to
wrap it all up ion sealing tape.

It might be a bit lossy at satellite frequencies, but it should be
fine up to UHF.,.

if you were to suggest that in uk.tech.digital-tv you'd get some flack,
and although the O/P didn't specify digital, analogue switch off is on
the way so ought to be considered, could be a useful time while doing
this job to ensure double screened coax is used throughout.

Sure it *might*. I've got digital terrestrial running through all sorts
of joints..and the world is full of people who have read text books and
never actually try anything practically themselves at all.

His whole point was to use something that obviated the need for a
rewire. I have told him the quick and dirty and very cheap way to do it
that will net him 90% of what a single piece of cable would. And if it
fails to be satisfactory, he has lost nothing much by trying.