Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central air vac system

On Feb 11, 5:02�pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
"LayPerson Tom" wrote in message

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 23:09:28 -0500, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

I bought a house that has a central air vac system. *The system is not
functional so it needs to be replaced. *There is a conduit / outlet in
each
room.

Here is a pic of the vac unit in the garage:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000538.jpg

close up:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000539.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000540.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000541.jpg

I think there should be a hose to be attached to the room outlets. *I
wonder
if I need to replace the unit and the hose, do I need to get the original
brand (Nutone) or any brand will work?

Thanks,

MC

imho:

When you say 'not functional' two things come to mind.

One the machine works, but doesn't clean. *There is disconnected
pipling, and you might have more elsewhere. *It looks like they need
regluing.

Two, the machine doesn't work. *As in the motor doesn't operate. *I
belive they sell replacement motors.

Now these are just guesses, since I can't actually look at the
machine. *Tell us what you found, and what you did.

tom @ *www.BlankHelp.com

Thanks, what I mean is when I turn it on nothing happens. *No sound no
humming nothing.

MC- Hide quoted text -

Look for loose connection at main unit, its likely low voltage if so
try jumping it out.
my dads connectors were lose, I fixed his easy this way.

make certain the outlet its plugged into has power, and check for
interlocks which may have prevented it from running.

a lowq voltage line typically goes to all the places you plug hose in,
opening these trip the main unit on.

have you tried more than one location?