Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default need location of fridge defrost timer

On 11 Feb 2007 08:57:14 -0800, wrote:

I have a GE/Hotpoint side by side fridge/freezer, model # GSS22QGPACC,
serial #MF229923. Both the freezer and fridge were a little warm
(25F, 50F respectively) with all the fans working so I checked the
coils and sure enough they were totally frozen over. I've defrosted
the coils and now I want to check that the defrost timer isn't stuck
in the off position. The problem is, I can't find the defrost timer!
I checked under the unit in the back and under the temperature control
panel on the food side, but I didn't see what I was looking for (a
button looking thing with a slot for me to turn it with a flat head
screwdriver).

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Iced up coil usually means you left the freezer door ajar.
You probably jammed too much stuff in and it didn't shut properly.

The timer is on the bottom. Look again.