Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central air vac system

On Feb 11, 10:16 am, LayPerson Tom wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 23:09:28 -0500, "MiamiCuse"

wrote:
I bought a house that has a central air vac system. The system is not
functional so it needs to be replaced. There is a conduit / outlet in each
room.

Here is a pic of the vac unit in the garage:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000538.jpg

close up:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000539.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000540.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000541.jpg

I think there should be a hose to be attached to the room outlets. I wonder
if I need to replace the unit and the hose, do I need to get the original
brand (Nutone) or any brand will work?

Thanks,

MC

imho:

When you say 'not functional' two things come to mind.

One the machine works, but doesn't clean. There is disconnected
pipling, and you might have more elsewhere. It looks like they need
regluing.

Two, the machine doesn't work. As in the motor doesn't operate. I
belive they sell replacement motors.

Now these are just guesses, since I can't actually look at the
machine. Tell us what you found, and what you did.

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com- Hide quoted text -

You can also buy a whole replacement power head unit, complete with
hose, which could be a good choice if the existing one is old and not
working. The newer ones have the AC cord embedded in the hose,
instead of using clips to hold a cord on, and that's a big plus. Just
need to be sure the connection is compatible with your outlets. I
bought one a few years ago for a 15+ year old system and found it
online. And you're right, doesn't work could mean anything from a
shot power head unit, to a shot vacuum, to broken pipes.