Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default Well, 2 Tanks and 2 Houses, how to connect it all together?

I've come up with a quick drawing of one of the I'm sure many ways to
connect up our well to our two poly storage tanks and our 2 houses.
http://tinyurl.com/ytprmw
So everything in the drawing would be in the Pump house.

The well Will Typically feed the 2 Tanks, I have sensors and automatic
valves to handle the filling of the 2 Tanks.

In the Event of a Issue with Either of the Tanks, I have the well connected
to the house feeds with a NC valve.

The main Irrigation line would be coming into the Pump House to feed the 2
Sprinklers. Its feed from elsewhere, though I wanted to be able to feed it
from this system if there was an issue with its Supply.

Seems like you typically filter the water as it goes to the house. I
originally had the filter as the last thing before it went to the 2 hours,
though typically most filtration systems are not much larger then 1". The
required pipe ( they didn't tell me the flow) for one of the houses is 1
1/2" pipe. This house is new and has a Fire Sprinkler system in it. So to
get the Flow and the right pipe size I thought to just filter the water that
goes into the main Storage tanks. then I can suck the filtered water out via
the 1 1/2" pipe and distribute it to the houses.

So does this look like a good system? Should I make any changes?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Scott-