Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default PCB of garage door opener failed: Which PIC is this?

"Joachim Wunder" wrote in message

Well, if you look at the upper left corner on the frontside of the PCB
youŽll see nothing that looks any similar to a jumper:
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3231/cimg0083kj3.jpg .Only a few
drilled small holes. But anyway, there is nothing which could have
protected the circuitry of the PCB on the (N)eutral side of power
supply (230V AC). Nice manufacturer, I know...

The daughter board is a big red flag that this model has had modifications
from the original design. My guess is that there were several variations
possible with this circuit board and that still wasn't enough.