Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc
D. Kirkpatrick D. Kirkpatrick is offline

Default Epson scanner returns blank scans

In article .net,
John E. wrote:

The FAQ at the Epson page for this scanner says that the scanner "may not
work properly" if a USB cable other than an Epson cable is used. What cable
should I use? I've been using one that I usually use for my Canon inkjet
printer. The scanner has one of the square 4-pin USB connectors, and the
cable is the flat 4-pin to square 4-pin ones.

Use the Epson cable.

It may have an inline device attached as do some iPod or camera
devices.