Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default URGENT - How to adjust planer infeed rollers?

after reseting the rollers to the "proper" heights the unit will
not plane 1/8 of a pine board while pulling the lumber through

I waxed my feed tables which made a world of difference.
Is there any chance you machine may have dirty feed rollers?

I have a cheapie Delta planer that I've been rather happy with. A few
months after I started using it, I noticed it wasn't feeding boards the way
it used to.

I tried waxing the tables and cleaned the rollers and all other parts as
good as I could. It helped a little, but it still wasn't feeding boards
properly.

Now I'll be honest, I haven't read the manual. I don't know if it's even
possible to adjust the roller heights on my machine.

After fighting with this problem for a while, I changed the planer knives
and suddenly the planer started feeding boards again. I guess the dull
knives just provided too much resistance for the rollers to overcome. Not
only that, I was amazed at how much quieter the planer ran with sharp
knives. They actually CUT the wood instead of beating it to death...

Anthony